Sunday, January 21, 2007

Valentine's Has Arrived at Rusty Pins and Old Lace

I was sitting the other day staring out the front window watching the beautiful snow fall, remembering when my husband purposed to me. It was probably our 2nd month of dating and we were sitting in a 'Burger King' eating french fries...when out of the blue, he asks me to marry him. I was SO stunned and flat out said NO. LOL My poor husband....from that day on...for a whole year..he asked me, and I always said 'NO'. I think he finally wore me down by the time I finally said 'Yes'. Well, we've been married for 19 years this year..and as with all married couples, we've had our up's and down's...but through every single one of them...our love has grown stronger.

While I was staring at those large flakes I was remembering the many 'Valentine Day's' that we've had together and the little ways that we've let each other know that we love them. There was the year I left a single candy heart on his pillow that said ' I LOVE YOU'.....and the year I used my red lipstick and wrote 'ALWAYS' AND FOREVER' on the bathroom mirror......and the year that I met him at the door in the cute little pink teddy. Well we won't get into that one....my point is that no matter HOW you do it...you should always let that other person in your life know that it will always be them. It doesn't have to be in a big way....heck, I get excited when my hubby gives me a card on Valentines Day only because I know that HE went out and read a billion of them to pick out just the right one.


There was one piece of advice my father gave me when I left home...he said 'DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF'. Those simple words have been used many times in our marriage.....said either to each other, or just to ourselves...but they have helped us through many things in our years together. Always remember that the most important thing that you can do for the one you love...is validate the meaning of them in your life. Let them know that they are the most important thing to you. Seeing that sparkle in their eye's when they look at YOU makes the whole world right. :o)

I've been working like mad this month..and it's been wonderful. I have a few *NEW* 'Barn Baby's' all ready for Valentine's Day...and even a few rabbits for those of us who need a bit of Spring after all this Winter we've had. :O)

This little darlin' is already for the Valentine parade! If you haven't guessed it...she's a big Candy Heart. LOL


I've also been working on Bears!! Oh how cute they have turned out! I LOVE making them, and they are just perfect nestled in with my Oh so primitive dolls!! I do hope you are able to adopt one of them...I just know that they'll bring so much joy to your heart.
Hubby's been very busy as well making some awesome wood items!! Beautiful 'Table Boards' and 'Wall shelves'..perfect for showing off your early fabrics. Head on over to the website and see if there's a little 'somethin'' that will put a smile in your heart.

Till next time.....show that someone that you love them. :o)

No comments: